Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Advanced Call Manager and SMS Spam Manager, Call and SMS Manager in My Symbian Phone

Advanced Call Manager

Advanced Call Manager, a symbian application that was made by Webgate, is my symbian phone call manager now. With this, you can block a call from specified number or you can just received from any number that you has choose before. I need this to block any unwanted call on my phone. They also made an application for block sms spam called SMS Spam Manager that also I used (Why don't they just combine this two application?).

SMS Spam Manager

I've already used another application before called Blackballer that was made by Killer Mobile. Blackballer combine the call and sms spam in in one application. But, when the version of blackballer I install in phone run, it sometimes close automatically sometimes if I used it in long time. I wonder it happens because the low of RAM in my phone (as info, I tried it on my Nokia N73). That's why I don't choose it, I don't like the application close automatically without warning me.

Advanced Call Manager and SMS Spam Manager have an option to makes them a Symbian OS system application. This will ensure that it doesn't get close down by the Symbian OS low RAM. I don't know if the new version of Blackballer has this option too. So, I choose this two application. This two was a paid application, I don't know if there's another one like this that free. Let me know if you find one, OK!