Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Carbide UI Theme Edition, The Symbian Theme Maker that I Used

Carbide UI Theme Edition

You can make a theme for your Symbian Phones with this PC application. I used this application now to make my theme. You can combine your skill with image through photoshop and used it here for your satisfaction.

Actually, this application was made by Forum Nokia to support their software developer, but you can used it for your personal used, just like me. Now, it has version 3.2, but I still used version 3.1, because I think it still same with minor add.

This is a good wysiwyg application for a theme maker (although, some component might not have preview). In the past time, I used Theme Studio to handle my theme, until this software come. I notice the big difference in use and speed of this two. I prefered Carbide UI. I used it in my PC that was running Windows XP SP2 with 512 RAM and this application can also handle with a bit slower but not that slow as Theme Studio has.

This application can make theme for S60 2nd Edtion and S60 3rd Edition (since S60 1st Edition don't have theme menu). Above screenshot is Carbide UI Theme Edition, and below is Theme Studio, which was made also by Forum Nokia

Theme Studio