Saturday, January 5, 2008

Smartmovie, Video Player on My Symbian Phone

Smartmovie

Smartmovie is my symbian phone video player application. I use it on all my symbian phones. It is a paid application from Lonely Cat Games which is I think a better video player from the built-in video player on phone (Real Player). It has a PC converter to convert video that you want to play in phone to avi that suitable to the application.

The better side of this application from the built-in video player is that it has control when you play it, like roll-back, forward, go to the spesific time you choose, landscape or potrait play, subtitles, etc. Also, you have control to the quality of the video you convert, you can make it worse or better from the built-in player (the default quality is better). When you convert the video, the converter application told us about the approximate size after you convert it, which you might consider to make according to our choice.

I heard there's a freeware video player from DivX to play avi format, but they're late, because I already used Smartmovie when they lauch it, besides I see in their homepage they don't have a converter to convert the video you want, so you must find another software to convert it to our phone or you can move the file to our phone directly (without convert) if the file already avi, which is big size if the video file has long duration. Well, I hadn't tested it yet, but I thought I wouldn't move on it until I heard a big difference in quality and control.